Protect and enhance the natural beauty of wood with Treatex Hardwax Oil. Using over 40 years of experience in the timber and wood finishing industries our Hardwax Oil was developed to be user friendly, quick drying, easy to maintain but above all to provide a hard wearing and attractive finish. Treatex Hardwax Oil is manufactured on a base of natural sustainable raw materials: jojoba oil, linseed oil, sunflower oil, beeswax, candelilla wax and carnauba wax. Suitable for all types of internal joinery including floors, stairs, doors, furniture and kitchen worktops.
- Easy to apply
- Quick drying
- No sanding required between coats
- Low odour
- Water resistant
- Withstands high temperatures
- Very durable
- Easy to clean with Treatex Floor Care or Treatex Spray on Floor & Surface Cleaner
- Easy to maintain with Treatex Wax Polish
- Spot repairable
- R10 slip resistance certified and slip resistant certified for commercial use: DIN-51130, DIN-51131, EN-13893
- Complies with regulation DIN 68861-1B: Resistance to spills of water, wine, beer, coffee, tea, fizzy drinks etc
- Safe for use on children’s toys:
DIN EN 71-3
- Meets with VOC emissions regulations
- Recommended for those with dust allergies; dust can be removed easily
Treatex Hardwax Oil Clear
Just two coats of our Clear Hardwax Oil will protect and enhance wooden surfaces. Our Clear Hardwax Oil is available in three different sheen levels matt (least shine), satin (mid shine) and gloss (most shine).
Treatex Colour Tones
Wood doesn’t always match the other colours in our home. Don’t fret, change the colour of interior timbers with our range of colour tones. Treatex Hardwax Oil is available in the following colours (click on thumbnail to view larger image):
Different timbers will take colours differently, we advise to do a sample first.
Please note that Treatex Colour Tones will not fully protect wooden surfaces on there own. Treatex Colour Tones must be sealed with two coats of Clear Hardwax Oil or Natural Hardwax Oil. For application instructions, click here.
Treatex Hardwax Oil Natural
Treatex Hardwax Oil Natural can be used in two different ways:
1) As a base coat. On light coloured timbers such as oak, two coats of Treatex Hardwax Oil Clear will warm the colour of the wood. If you prefer to change the appearance of light coloured timbers as little as possible, apply a thin base coat of Treatex Hardwax Oil Natural before sealing with Treatex Hardwax Oil Clear. Our Natural Hardwax Oil contains a small amount of white pigment which neutralises the warming effect which is seen when our Clear Hardwax Oil is applied on its own. Treatex Hardwax Oil Natural should not be used as a base coat on darker coloured timbers.
2) As a top coat. For a brighter white seal our Spruce Colour Tone with two coats of Treatex Hardwax Oil Natural.
For high traffic floors, Treatex Hardwax Oil can be mixed in the ratio 10:1 to Treatex Hardener to increase the mechanical resistance of the finished surface. Treatex Hardener can be used in one or both coats of Treatex Hardwax Oil Clear.
Over the past nine years Treatex Hardwax Oil has been successfully used in cafes, restaurants, pubs, and even a nightclub. Our hardening additive has been used to produce a finish durable enough for some of Britain’s highest traffic floors such as Heathrow Terminal 5 and the Natural History Museum in London. We are thrilled that Treatex Hardwax Oil has been specified to provide a durable and attractive finish in an ever increasing number of retail outlets such as Apple stores, White Stuff shops and Selfridges in London, one of the UK’s biggest and busiest shops.